You can also download these instructions as a PDF in our VisibleThread Server configuration guide support article
Deployment Models and Requirements
To understand our deployment models and installation requirements, please see our support article for on-premise VT Docs minimal requirements
This guide assumes that you have downloaded the VT Docs software. If you have not yet done so, please follow the download instructions
The deployment process is as follows:
- Download and deploy the VT Docs installation
- Upload your license file
- Setup user accounts
- Test the VT Docs deployment
- Secure the VT Docs server
1. Deploy the VT Docs server
We support the following options for your on-premise VT Docs deployment:
- VMWare Server - If you run dedicated VMWare infrastructure (e.g. vSphere, vCenter, ESXi) you can deploy VT Docs using our OVA template.
- Amazon AWS / GovCloud - For AWS / GovCloud users see our support article for AWS / GovCloud deployment
- Azure, Hyper-V - If you run your servers in Microsoft Hyper-V or Azure we offer a Red Hat .rpm for installing VT Docs on Red Hat 7 or on Red Hat 8
- Windows - Deploy on Windows - How to install VT Docs on Windows
Contact our support team at email@example.com for any questions about these deployment options.
2. Upload your license file
Open a web browser and type the following in the address bar: https://<VisibleThread IP Address>
If you see a warning about an untrusted connection (due to a self-signed certificate), it is safe to accept this warning.
You should see the "Setup VT Docs Instance" page, prompting you to upload your VisibleThread license and setup the initial System Admin user.
Once you've provided the license file and System Admin details, click 'Submit' to complete the setup.
3. Setup VisibleThread users
When The System Admin user (created above) logs in, they can create Workspaces and setup users.
Follow this guide for creating Workspaces and users https://support.visiblethread.com/hc/en-us/articles/214225366-How-do-I-add-remove-users-from-VisibleThread
4. Testing the deployment
To verify VisibleThread has been configured correctly, you can attempt to log on to the application using the username and password of a user you created in the previous step.
- Point your browser at https://< VisibleThread Virtual Appliance IP Address> and you will be presented with the sign-in screen. Enter the details of a VisibleThread user created in the previous section.
If the sign-in has been successful you should see the VisibleThread Home as per the screenshot below.
5. Securing your server
To secure your VisibleThread server you should follow the steps in our Securing a VisibleThread on-premise server support article