There is a flow that I regularly show in demos. I take a concept list and apply it either to multiple solicitation docs or multiple response snippits.
A common rationale for this flow is to score documents for 'fit'. This helps qualify solicitations for capture. It helps flag suitability to pursue the bid, pass or 'team' with partners.
I also use this flow for a different reason. If you take a concept list with a set of technical differantiators and apply it to a collection of response snippits, it can help identify gaps both at doc or section level.
So here's the steps to create a heatmap across multiple docs for a concept list (equally applies to discovery):
- select the folder containing your documents
- now, click the 'concept tracking' tab. Now, if you need to change the current concept scan, just click the new 'Run different scan' button. This is newly introduced in version 2.8
- Now click 'Export >> Export to CSV'. You now have a comma seperated export of the data
- By default the export will open in Excel if you click 'open' when prompted
- Now once Excel is open, position your cursor at cell D2. Then drag the cursor to the bottom and right side, so you have highlighted all the data
- In Excel, under the 'home' tab, in the 'styles' group, click 'Conditional formatting >> Color Scales'.
- Then chose whichever color code you prefer. I like to use the 'red - yellow - green' scale as it flags high frequency data with red and low with green
So, what you end up with is the following graphic. Ideal for communicating the data in a very visual way. Hope it's helpful.