Q. We are deployed internally and I forgot my password, what can I do?
A. When deployed onsite, VisibleThread sits behind your firewall. An onsite deployment is internal to you. For your own security reasons, we never have ‘back-doors’ into any onsite deployments.
Your local VisibleThread administrator can however reset your password using the VisibleThread administration site.
They can do so by following these steps:
- Log on to the VisibleThread administration site at https://<VisibleThread Server IP Address>/sandboxAdmin
- You will be prompted for a username and password, the default username is 'visiblethread' and the default password is 'password'
- Select the sandbox you wish to edit, and click 'Add/Remove users'.
- Select you as a user in the list of users. In the below sample screenshot, the selected user is: ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.
- Type in the new password in the password fields on the right under User Details.
- Click ‘Update’
Once these steps are done, your password will be reset, and you should be able to sign in.
Contact our support team if you still have problems.